My Smartphone Journey:Personal Opinions

Getting personal this time. Let's talk about my daily driver Galaxy J2 which is with me from 18 months. Hope you enjoy this post in Discussbytes.

Samsung J2 (2018) On Zero Down Payment


Galaxy J2 2018 Specs

Display: 5 inch AMOLED display(480 P)
Connectivity: 4G, 3G, 2G
Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 425
RAM and ROM: 2GB+16GB (expandable up to 256 GB)
Camera: 8 MP(Rear) + 5 MP(Front) both with f/2.2 (Focal length/Aperture)
Battery: 2600 mAh
Operating System: Android Nougat 7.1.1 with Samsung Experience 8.5
Build Quality: Gorilla Glass 3 in front, plastic back
Sensors: Accelerometer, Proximity

Introduction


I bought this phone on 31 July 2018 from a local mobile store at Rs 7500. It is my first smartphone purchase so it will always be special for me. From that day till now I am having this device and hopes to continue till I find a better substitute. I mainly use it to watch videos, music and web browsing so I am fine regarding Galaxy J2. My requirements are low as I know that my device wouldn't be able to handle multitasking. So I would go much into phone performance. Instead this is my overview of this device.

My Experiences

So what I thinks about my smartphone is that I am able to complete my basic requirements. I charge it twice from 30-50% to 80-100% percent since its battery is only 2600 mAh. Battery backup has become bad and the phone starts "not responding" when its battery falls down from 15%(This might be occurring due to a software bug). Software updates have ruined the performance of this phone.I am not able to certain games in this device since updating the device.

 Camera performance is fine not praiseworthy. Details and crispness in the shots is missing which ruins the photography experience. So this device is definitely a big no for all photography enthusiastic.

Display is 480p super AMOLED and protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3 which is both impressing considering that it was a entry level smartphone and disappointing as its support videos upto 480p . Its display is one of the strongest point in this phone. The phone is powered by a single speaker situated at the back panel of the phone beside camera and is loud.

Conclusion

Overall the phone is currently working fine and I expect to use it until I am in a state to buy a better replacement. As of now this phone is discontinued, infact Samsung has discontinued the J series and replaced it with A.


Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post
–>